Action plan – Version 0.0.2
- Establish the project’s main objectives.
- Define how to carry out the project (globally).
- Work methodology: operating framework, times, support platform, etc.
- First survey: preliminary research of WordPress themes.
- Web Design.
- Survey of magazine or news websites.
- Theme Research.
- Prototyping tools selection.
- Logo Creation.
- Template implementation.
- Object modeling: posts for cover section.
- Object modeling: posts for main (feed) section.
- Adjustment of settings.
- WordPress development(estim 40 hours)
- Get starter theme from underscores (estim 1 hour)
- Global elements development (estim 4 hours)
- Home Cover development (estim 15 hours)
- Home main feed development (estim 10 hours)
- Final details: (estim 10 horas)
- Single posts (estim 1 hour)
- Template-parts, página 404 error (estim 1 hour)
- Bug fixing (estim 8 hours)
Get starter theme from underscores
Although, by applying the documentation of the Codex, it would be perfectly possible to develop a theme from scratch, it isn’t necessary to do it. Nor is it desirable if we want to develop the theme in a week. We can resort to the underscores page. Just by configuring a few fields we can get a zip with an organized structure of programming files to modify.